Principles of personal data processing
PGO S.A. of Katowice, ul. Tysiąclecia 101 presents a policy explaining the principles of application, collection and processing of personal data for the sake of security, respect and observance of your rights, with particular emphasis on the right to privacy. When processing personal data, PGO S.A. complies with the following guidelines by fulfilling at least one condition for processing personal data.
Rules on personal data processing:
- “processed lawfully, fairly and transparently”
- “collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes”,
- “adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of minimising data”,
- “correct and updated as necessary.”
- “‘kept in a form which permits identification of the data subject for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data are processed’,
- “processed in such a way as to ensure adequate security of personal data: protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage by appropriate technical and organisational measures”.
Lawfulness of processing:
- the data subject has consented to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specified purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take action at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary to fulfil the legal obligation of the controller;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another individual;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject requiring the protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child, override those interests.
The controller of your personal data is PGO S.A. of Katowice, ul. Tysiąclecia 101, KRS no.: 0000305325, REGON no.: 590722383, NIP tax ID: 771-23-74-309.
Data Protection Officer
They can be contacted at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and in writing by sending correspondence to the address: PGO S.A. ul. Tysiąclecia, 40-875 Katowice, POLAND with the note “Data Protection Inspector”.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted on all matters concerning the processing of your personal data.
Legal basis for data processing
- consent granted,
- contract performance,
- legal obligation of the controller,
- the necessity to achieve objectives resulting from legitimate interests pursued by the controller, e.g. protection of the property of an employer or client.
Automated decision making
Your personal data will not be processed automatically, including in the form of profiling.
Retention period of personal data
The period for which your personal data is stored depends on the purpose for which the data is processed. The period for which your personal data will be stored is calculated, based on the following criteria
- period necessary to protect the interests of the controller,
- period necessary to provide services by PGO S.A.,
- period for which the consent was given.
The recipients of your data may be:
- entities providing IT services,
- delivery companies,
- security companies,
- entities entitled to receive Personal Data under the law,
Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area
Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or international organisation.
Your rights in relation to data processing
You have the right to:
- access the content of your personal data,
- rectify your data (corrections, additions),
- restrict their processing or delete the data,
- transfer the personal data you have provided to us, i.e. receive this personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format, you have the right to send this data to another controller; if technically possible, you have the right to request that the personal data be sent by us directly to another controller,
- object to further processing of your personal data.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data which was carried out on the basis of your consent before it was withdrawn. In case of doubts concerning the correctness of processing of your personal data by PGO S.A., you have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
How we secure your personal data
The safeguards that have been applied to protect your data are in accordance with legal requirements and guarantee an appropriate level of data confidentiality.
Processing data in the social media
PGO S.A. has social media profiles and operates pages on the following social media (hereinafter: Operator/Operators):
PGO S.A has limited influence over the processing of personal data by Operators to the extent that Operators process such data as separate Controllers or Joint Controllers (e.g., management of users and shared information, joint control with Facebook).
The purpose of processing data on our social media is to inform you about our products and events related to the PGO S.A. and our industry, to allow you to express your opinion on the content published and to communicate in relation to the topics with which you contact us.
The legal basis for processing your data is Article 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council. The data you post on our social media sites, e.g., comments, videos, photos, links, public messages, etc., are published by the social media platform and are not used or processed by us for other purposes at any time.
We reserve the right to remove content on our social media profiles if necessary – it violates the law (including copyright and criminal law), obscene comments and/or attachments, also photos or videos, unapproved advertising information, etc. Content may also be removed due to updating a particular thread.
All of your published social media posts will remain on the timeline indefinitely, unless we remove them due to thread updates, violations of the law or of our guidelines.